Sunday 4 March 2012

Waterfall Card

Whilst whiling away my time surfing the internet looking for inspiration, I came across a tutorial for a waterfall card with a difference. (Or at least it was different to me!) I had a lovely time making this card, and whilst it's not perfect, I am really pleased with it.
If you fancy having a go the tutorial is here
I used some heavier weight cardstock so that the card would stand up without bending, and cut as per the tutorial.
I stamped the flower from the Faith in Nature stamp-set, along the top edge, front and back, in Soft Suede.
Then I cut around the top edge of the flowers.
Then the fun started- I coloured the flowers in Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Poppy Parade using sponge daubers- this gives a soft muted apprearance.
I then sponged Daffodil Delight underneath the flowers and around the edges of the front panel.
I diecut the M of Mum and stamped the lower case um in Old Olive.
Voila!

This card was quite difficult to photograph as it kept springing open, but here are my efforts




Card fully open


Card fully closed

10 comments:

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.