Friday 9 August 2013

Lexie's card and present for Lucas' Birthday.

Today Lexie has spent the day with me and we have had a great time.
We have been crafting together, we have been swimming with my sister Maggie and her grand-daughter Eva, we have had lunch at McDonalds, in fact we were having such a good time that I forgot to take her for her dancing lesson! Oh dear!  Another CRAFT moment.......
Can't Remember A Flipping Thing!! Senility rules OK!.

here are the card and the present Lexie has made for Lucas.


I taught Lexie how to use the paper trimmer today - can't believe how accurate her measurements were!!
She also stamped the sentiment so straight it puts my stamping to shame!!
She used a peel off for the 10 and used the Big shot to cut the letters (I had to help turning the handle as it was hard work!)
The stars were punched.
Here's the door hanger she has made for Lucas.
She painted the gray-board this morning and left it to dry for a few hours.
She designed this all by herself and even cut the Big Shot letters herself this afternoon
 - even though it was a bit of a struggle!!
She found some matching orange ribbon and stuck that across the hanger, then added all the letters and stars.
I can't believe how great this has turned out - although she is my grand-daughter so I expect it's in the genes!!

Well done Lexie -fabulous work!!

12 comments:

  1. Kate this is awesome, Lexie is so talented, Lucas is going to love this xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW a budding crafter in the making Kate! These are fabulous and well done to Lexie, I am sure Lucas will love them.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, I hope Lucas love this cute creation just for him. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow she is becoming an amazing crafter well done Lexie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous and the colours perfect. Sounds like you have had such a lovely day..

    Claire x
    (CBN DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Lexie, you have made a fabulous card and door hanger for Lucas. Love the colours you've used x

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a beautiful card and tag Lexie.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Lexie your card and door hanger are brilliant, I am sure Lucas will love them. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kate, I think you have a very talented your lady there. The card and the door hanger are fabulous.
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous projects. Well done to Lexie, sounds like you had such a fun day.
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant Lexie. Lovely card and lovely present and I am sure Lucas will like them very much. In a few years you will be teaching Nanna Kate how to craft. You are a very clever little girl. Hope to see you again soon. Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done Lexie I am sure Lucas will love your card and door hanger. Hope to see you again soon. Carol (one of the girls)

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.