Tuesday 31 December 2013

Patrick's Birthday Card

Well here's my last posting in 2013 - it's a card for our dear friend Patrick, 
who you may recall had meningitis last year,  and is consequently blind.
I tried to put some texture and depth on this different shaped flip card - as he wont be able to see it.




This super three circle flip card die is one that Barry bought me for Christmas.
The colour combination is Cajun Craze and Very Vanilla
The sentiment was computer generated the  the circles die cut.
the side panel was die cut then stamped using Creative Elements stamp set.
The borders were embossed using the Textured Impressions Delicate Designs embossing folder, 
and the stars were simply punched then stuck on.
We are going to go see him tomorrow and join him for a birthday drink.
Happy Birthday Patrick!!

9 comments:

  1. Superb card. Lots of elements for him to feel rather than see. I'm sure he'll appreciate the thought behind this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea and thought Kate. Your friend will love it. Sending Happy New Year Greetings.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful card and a great shape Kate.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and love the design. Have a wonderful evening and all the best for 2014.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a fab card, Kate. The recipient will love it. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I so appreciate it. I can see you are a crafter supreme. Lovely work. May your 2014 be filled with health and joy.
    Coleen
    an American in Ukraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card, fabulous design and colours. I'm sure Patrick will be thrilled with it. Happy 2014 to you and yours x

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely card
    and such a great idea to add all the texture xxx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.