Monday 3 March 2014

Belated Birthday card

Yesterday was my niece's (and God-daughter too) birthday, 
and I am ashamed to say that it was late last night that I realised this.
To put it right , I have set about and made this belated card for Katie
and I hope that she will forgive me (maybe the money in the envelope will help!!)


It's a very CAS card but I think it's really pretty.
Colour combo is Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay and White.
A DL card blank was used.
I frayed a strip of Burlap ribbon and glued it to the white card stock,
layered onto the Coastal Cabana card stock, then onto the base card.
The flowers were punched with the Petite Petals Punch and
Basic Rhinestones form the flower centre.
The sentiment is the only one I have that is for belated birthday
and it is from a retired Stampin' Up! stamp set.
Hope that Katie likes it!!
Happy Birthday!

I would like to enter this into
the Crafting Cafe March Challenge - Clean and Simple
http://www.thecraftingcafe.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/march-challenge-clean-and-simple.html

and the Crafting from the Heart Challenge #8 - use Dies or punches
http://craftingfromtheheartchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/challenge-8.html

18 comments:

  1. Lovely Card and like the touch of Burlap on your card Hugs Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure receiving such a lovely card, with money! Will certainly be very forgiving lol! Gorgeous card love the hessian panal and the colour xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Kate, love the hessian xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a beautiful card Kate. love the idea of that burlap ribbon.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just a fabulous CAS card Kate...and it's my favourite colour too hun.
    Huge Hugz, Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Kate. Wonderful colour combo and detail.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kate gorgeous hun loving the hessian really sets it off x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty Kate, love the colours and the burlap ribbon.
    I am sure she will forgive you.
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous colours and love the hessian! I am sure she will forgive you.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure the money will help tremendously! I love the card, too! Helene

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kate, I am in love with your little card! The colours are so beautiful!
    Thanks for joining in the fun at The Crafting Cafe for our CAS challenge!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kate, A fabulous card, love the hessian. Great colours too. Thank you for joining us at The Crafting Cafe challenge this month.

    Hugs Erin DT x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What f lovely CAS card I bet your niece loved it and what was inside too. Love the colours xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Kate it's a lovely card x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card, love the colour & hessian used :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kate a fantastic card loving the colours and the hessian background. Thankyou for joining our challenge this week at Crafting from the heart and hope to see you again next week.
    Hugs
    Fiona blog co-owner x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous. Love the texture. Thanks for joining us at the Crafting Cafe! Ax

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.