Saturday 29 March 2014

Language of Love

So sorry I didn't get to post on here yesterday - it was just too frantic.
I got up at silly o'clock and finished off the floral table decorations, had breakfast (toast!)
then cello wrapped and decorated the three single roses for the Ladies song.
Went to hairdressers.  Barry and I then went to the Lodge to set up the tables
as we wanted them.  Saw the Chef who kindly offered to fetch pink napkins from
the Cash and Carry for me (to match the pink rose at the top of the table decs!)
That done, I was given a guided tour of the kitchen and basement rooms at the lodge - it was really interesting, it is like a rabbit warren, with loads of little rooms leading off one another.
Barry and I then decided to go and have a bite of lunch - I needed to get refreshments for this morning's Monthly Workshop, so we killed two birds with one stone (metaphorically speaking!)
and went to Morrisons.
Went home, had ten minutes doing nothing, then went to school to pick kids up.
Had to sit and wait for Lucas returning from his Rugby match, then drove home and the kids asked if they could have a chip shop meal for their tea - who am I to refuse - saved me a lot of work!
Took Lexie to Dancing Class, took her back to ours and Kerry arrived at the same time, so
she whisked the kids off home, leaving me a little bit of time to make myself beautiful!!
Once changed into glad rags and slap applied, off to Ladies night.
Had a fabulous evening, super meal, the ladies who won the flower arrangements loved them!
Got a lot of compliments on them too.  Were entertained by the Eden Duo who were fabulous, then a quick tidy up and off home - by which time I was absolutely cream crackered, 
so promptly went off to bed. So you can see why I didn't have time to blog.

  I have held my Monthly workshop this morning, so I have found out a card that
I made at Christine's a few weeks ago, hope you like it.


Colour combo is Baked Brown Sugar, Crisp Cantaloupe and very Vanilla.
Stamp set used is Language of Love.
Chevron punch used on CC cardstock, then the punched pieces arranged
and stuck onto Baked Brown Sugar DSP.
Tiny Heart punched out of CC cardstock and stuck on with dimensional.



12 comments:

  1. A fantastic day Kate and a stunning card.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a gorgeous card and great design Kate.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Kate hun and yes I did miss u xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful busy day you had. Love your card and how you used the cut outs of the arrows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, pink and brown. Gorgeous work! I love this combo of colors. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous papers and love how you have used the chevrons.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kate, I love the colour combo of brown & pink!
    Such a gorgeous creation!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card Kate, I love the colour combo and the stamps x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! No wonder you didn't have time to blog, Kate! Great card layout and colour combo - love those chevrons!

    Thanx for your kind comments on the Fantasy Stampers blog - would love you to join in. My 'Serene Silhouettes' stamps were bought from Catherine (who comes to your SU classes) - she's been a good friend of mine for a while now :)

    Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Geez, I need to go back to bed now, LOL...looks like you had a fabulous day though, Kate, and I love this card, pink and brown is one of my favourite combos...hugs my friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kate this is fab fab fab love it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its very different and I enjoy making different. Enjoyed the workshop too thank you. love ann x x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.