Sunday 22 October 2017

Wise Men from Afar - emboss resist

I must admit that when I ordered this stamp set I couldn't wait to use it,
but inspiration failed me, and I have had to resort to Pinterest, where I
found a card by Norah Marin, but have been unable to find her blog.

This is my card that I have cased from Norah's.



Using Versamark, I stamped the 3 Wise Men,  then with Black embossing powder,   heat embossed.
The stars were inked with versamark, then  heat embossed with White embossing powder.
Palm trees  and sand dunes stamped with Soft Suede ink.
Sand sponged with Sahara Sand ink.
Sky sponged with Night of Navy
Space in between sponged with Real Red and  So Saffron.
-----
Thanks for the inspiration Norah, couldn't have done this without you!

9 comments:

  1. Great card Kate. Love the fabulous background!
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous work with the wise men. Loving the beautiful coloring

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I love all the elements you are picked to create your card. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate this is a stunning Christmas card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. great technique! thanks for sharing it xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and love the stamps and wonderful techniques you have used.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Christmas card Kate.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love this creation Kate - it’s just perfect. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.