Sunday 8 July 2018

Yuki's Birthday card

My friend Yuki is a Stampin Up Demonstrator who lives in Japan.
We became friends when I met her at a Stamping class that I held 
at a community centre in Barnsley when she was living over here 
with her husband and sons, and we became good friends.
She became a Stampin Up demonstrator whilst living in the UK and was my downline.
When her husbands job took them back to Japan, she had to resign as a Demo,
 but since then Stampin Up has opened a market in Japan and Yuki
is once again an active Demonstrator.  The choice that they have over there
is somewhat limited, but Yuki loves it anyhow!
You may recall that the other week there was an earthquake in Osaka, 
which is where Yuki lives, but I was able to find out, 
to my relief, from Facebook,  that she and her family were safe.

Yuki shares her birthday with my son, 9th July, so you may think that this card is early,
 but as Japan is 8 hours ahead of us, I can safely post the card that I sent her
as it is 00.05 in Japan on the 2nd July now and officially her birthday.

Here's my card to her


This card uses the Serene Garden stamp set with matching Garden Scene Framelits Dies.
Inks used are Mint Macaron and Night of Navy.
I used Wink of Stella on the flowers and butterflies, but  am not
sure that youn can see this on the photo.
The sentiment is from Soft Sayings.

So, without further ado........
HAPPY BIRTHDAY YUKI
Have a super day!!

5 comments:

  1. So pretty Kate, a lovely card to send to a friend.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty soft feel to your card Kate. Wonderful colour palette and detail.
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate this is a gorgeous card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.