Thursday 11 January 2018

My first encounter with Brushos!!

Well this isn't one of my best, but it's certainly not the worst,
and I have to say that I am sort of pleased with the effect I have created -
and as I say in the title, this is my very first experience of using this product.


I think I may have been a bit heavy handed with the amount of crystals I used,
but I think that on the whole it's not too bad an attempt!!
I stamped the image from the Birthday Blooms stamp set 
in Versamark and heat embossed with White embossing powder,
onto watercolour paper.  Then I wet the various sections of the flower in turn, and sprinkled
the Brusho crystals on top, and used an aqua painter to spread the colour around.  
The bit where I could have done better is the very deep blue background, 
which I think is too dark -  a lighter one might have looked nicer.
That said, I love the speckles of Wink of Stella which I flicked onto the finished card.
I think that you can just see these.
My last words on this has to be - well I really enjoyed doing this!!

PS: call back tomorrow and see Jean's first attempt at Brushos -
hers is far better than mine!!




7 comments:

  1. Hi Kate this is a gorgeous card. I love using Brushos I do get rather messy though. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks beautiful love the dark background which makes the image pop!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its really stunning and bright with the colours. x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it's not a bad attempt at all Kate. It worked really well. Fab cardvx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Kate, I love the wonderful colours. I need to try out Brushos, they look fabulius. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bright colours against the dark background, fabulous card.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.