Saturday 19 July 2014

Box Arm Card

It's over a week since I got together with Chris (sis-in-law) to craft together,
and we made two beautiful cards. I have been playing golf quite often this week!
This week (when I didn't see her) I cased her card and came up with this one.

Front view

View from below


View from Above

It's not as complicated to make as it looks I might add, but I really enjoyed making this.
The Colour combos is Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla and Gold Glimmer,
with a touch of Baked Brown Sugar, Old Olive and Crumb Cake on the DSP
Season of Style, which is now retired, but as we are waiting for the 
Autumn Winter Seasonal Catalogue to arrive (28th August) there are no Christmas papers
available at the moment.
The larger bauble was cut out with one of the Holiday Ornament framelits in Glimmer paper
and the tiny baubles were punched using the Merry Minis punch pack
(both of these are available until the 27th August!)
The sentiments are from More merry Messages, and the ribbon is from my stash.
I really love this card and am going to do it in another colourway!
Thanks for the inspiration Chris!!

21 comments:

  1. This is lovely Kate. May have to 'borrow' the design.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Kate love the colours xx jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card concept Kate, love the papers and design.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply lovely, dear Kate! The colors are wonderful together and as always, you never disappoint with your creations :) Hugs to you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kate this is fabulous, thing a tutorial is need here, LOL, might be trying this one out, hugs hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a brilliant card, love the design x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant, I also may have to "Borrow" the design, I love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, I LIKE this one Kate - I can see a CASE coming on... Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super fab creation loving this style and colours used and this is one lovely Christmas card...gorgeous.xx
    ♥aNNieThe Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow great shape and a very beautiful card Kate.
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is a fabulous concept hun another stunner really fabulous love it - see u in a couple of weeks hugs Judith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea and lovely colour tones
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the dimension - real impact! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card design & I love those papers!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous Kate, I love the design. The papers are perfect for Christmas and the baubles look wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic design Kate. I haven't seen this before. Lovely christmas colours x x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a great design, Kate.....just a bit different from a flat card. ......really great xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, what a great design. Lovely work Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really enjoyed working this card - thank you Kate. Love Ann x x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.