Sunday 3 July 2016

Chris's birthday card

Hi everyone - I hope that you all enjoyed the Jems Blog Hop yesterday.
Weren't, there some fabulous projects on there, I really enjoyed hopping round
To see everyone's makes.

Yesterday was the birthday of Chris (my Sister-in-law, fellow crafter, close friend 
and Stampin' Up down-line) and I wanted to make her something special to mark the occasion,
Here's what I came up with.

I used one of my favourite fold cards - inspired by the lovely Amanda from the Craft Spa
- I think she calls it a double Z fold.
I opted for my new favourite In Colour - Sweet Sugar Plum cardstock and ink,
added matching paper from the 2016 - 2017 In Colour DSP stack
and used the Swirly Scribbles thinlits die to cut the swirls.
I used the waste from the cardstock swirl to the DSP swirl and vice versa.
I think it looks quite effective - better than the white card showing through.
I used the computer to personalise the card strip, trying to match the colour.
Don't you just love that greeting - another of my new catalogue purchases -
the Vertical Greetings stamp set.


Card open for display
Card fully opened showing second panel

  Above you can see the second panel, stamped with a topiary tree from
 the Vertical Greetings stamp set 


Card closed flat to go in envelope

I am really pleased with this design, hope that Chris likes it too!!





8 comments:

  1. Hi Kate this is a stunning card your sister in-law is going to love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Kate, love the card design. Happy birthday to Chris too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Kate... I am sure that Chris will have loved it too... and yay! Two posts in 2 days....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty Card! SU has some fun new stuff this season. Can't wait for my card club to start up again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the combination of card you have used Kate.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, love how this card opens and closed. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.