Saturday 9 July 2016

Happy birthday Son!

Today is my son Simon's birthday, so naturally I have made him a card.  
I know that fellas don't make a thing about birthday cards, 
but I do like to make their cards whenever I can.
Here's what I made for him.


Front view

side view

view from above showing the double Z fold.

As you may have noticed I have become very fond of this double Z fold card,
introduced to made by the lovely Amanda at the Craft Spa
 - if you follow the link you will see loads of her fabulous creations there.

I have kept a very simple colour combo of Marina Mist and White for this card,
the Subtles DSP Stack and the Time of Years and Vertical Greetings stamp set.
I have used my Little Letters dies (retired) as they were just the right size for the job.

I am really pleased with this and will probably repeat this design again
(maybe for Barry's Birthday!)





9 comments:

  1. Great card and colour theme Kate. Sure to be loved!
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate, this is gorgeous, I love the card design.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous shaped card I can see why you like to use it, love the blue papers and wonderful sentiments.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you still inspired by the card Kate! Think you have just given me the excuse for Vertical Greetings!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful card Kate. I love the refreshing colourway and the design xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kate this is a gorgeous card I love the design. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fold & the great colour of your fab card!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.