Wednesday 20 September 2017

Joy

I found this sheet of embossed Crumb cake card that had been highlighted 
with white ink in one of my "work in progress" baskets.
I trawled the Internet for ideas, and found a card that I have based this card on.




I layered it onto a Cherry Cobbler Card Base, 
cut a White oval and a Scalloped Red Oval using the
Layering Ovals Thinlits dies.
The"Joy" sentiment is a retired die from
Wonderful Wreath Framelits dies - I wanted it to have impact
and it was the perfect size for the design.
The mistletoe is cut with the Pretty Pines Thinlits
and the berries are small flat back pearls.

Yup I am quite happy with this card, shame the fading light did nothing for the photo!!

7 comments:

  1. Lovely! Well done on using something from your !work in progress" pile - around here, stuff like that sits on the desk for a few months, then gets filed in the bin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great effect with the white inked embossing, lovely festive colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card Kate and a gorgeous embossed background xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Kate, lovely design. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this one Kate - beautifully designed. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.