Tuesday 19 September 2017

Let it snow!

Today's card is one that I have cased from my fellow Jem team members - Amanda,
we met up at All day training yesterday and I gave her a laugh when I told her
 what I had done wrong on this card!
Can you spot the mistake??



That aside, here are the details of the card.

The Merry Little Labels stamp set was used to stamp the design 
in Versamark then heat embossed with the White Embossing Powder.
I then used a sponge brayer, inked up with the Night of Navy ink pad
 to cover the rest of the label and a quick buff with Kitchen Roll
 to get rid of any excess ink on the design.
This was then cut out with the Everyday Label Punch
which matches these stamps.
I embossed the white mat with the Softly Falling 
Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and stuck this onto 
a Night of Navy mat, then stuck this onto a White base card
after adding the ribbon.
If you wish to make this card, please be aware that most snow 
falls from the sky downward , and not left to right as it does
on my card - my explanation is that there was a strong Easterly Wind
blowing that day!!
It made Amanda and me chuckle when I told her what I had done!!
You can see the original version of Amanda's 


6 comments:

  1. Hi Kate this is a stunning card. If you hadn't pointed out the mistake I wouldn't have noticed. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the embossed background!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card - we all know that Easterly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so elegant and so striking, I love it xx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.