Saturday, 24 October 2009

A lonely weekend

Wednesday morning, good to their promise,the new battery and charger arrived,so I set up the battery on charge and kept my fingers crossed that this would fix the problem. Checked the internet to track my SU parcel (for the replacement french stamps!)and it was due for delivery that day,so I stayed in all afternoon,but the parcel didn't turn up. Made tea for Barry n me and then checked tracking -only to find that the flippin parcel had never been put on the van! Wednesday Craft Class only Mary n Gail there (Louise and Glynis will be back next week and new lady - Jan will be here next week. Made the Christmas tri-shutter card - both excellent results-good students!
Thursday morning,picked Ann up at the Golf Club and we set off to meet Mary and Hazel at Pike Hills Golf Club. Had the mandatory bacon butty and coffee before we started then played 18 holes, 2 ball better-ball matchplay, Hazel & Mary versus me & Ann. My battery functioned exceedingly well, so I don't know whether it was the battery or the charger that was the problem! It was a very close match and Hazel & Mary won us on the last hole(but only because I played the wrong ball and we forfeited the last hole!) After the game we had a lovely meal, Hazel and I had steak, Ann & Mary had fish pie- there was enough food to feed a family of eight!! Dropped Ann off at the Golf Club,then back home ready for Thursday Craft Class.
A card had been left from UPS saying that they had not been able to deliver my parcel as I was not at home. I got on the phone and played my piece with the girl who answered,explaining that I have signed an authorisation for my parcels to be left in a safe place when I am not in.She said she would try to get them to redeliver that evening, but I did not hold out much hope.
Gill and Beth couldn't make Class, so Heather,Chris and Sue made another Tri shutter card but H & C made a birthday version. They all looked beautiful! I think all my students are pretty quick learners!! (As expected the parcel did not arrive that evening)
Friday, I had appointments at Classique for a facial and the hairdressers. My parcel arrived in the morning, I took Stevie shopping and then had a quick lunch and went to Classique. When I got there,Phil was running late so I asked her to rearrange the appointment for next week. I went to the hairdressers then after a quick shower, got changed and ready to go out. Barry and I met up with Christine, David and Janice at the Prince of Wales at Millhouses. The meal was passable-just, David's was inedible, so he sent it back. By the time the replacement came he no longer wanted to eat,so they gave him a free sweet, then we all went home.(Don't think we will be going there again!).
Barry packed all his golf stuff ready for his golfing weekend with the ROGS,whilst I watched Emmerdale (sky +) then we both watched Corrie and I went to bed.
This morning I have done the washing and put it on the radiators to dry as it has not stopped raining all morning. I am definitely not playing golf in the rain!
Barry has gone on his golfing Weekend and won't be back until tomorow evening. I am going to go to Tescos to buy Barry some new tee shirts this afternoon, after I have been to the market to checkout Keith's for bargains! Then I am going to do another sample for CCC and prepare some make and takes for Chris's SU workshop on Wednesday.
Hasta la vista!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.