Wednesday 23 April 2014

All Occasion Card

My greeting card tin is getting a little short of all occasions cards i.e. cards where I can simply
add a greeting suitable for the occasion (as opposed to general birthday cards)
To out it right I have made a few of these today.
Chris (sis-in-law) has been over today and she made 5 cards whilst I only managed 4!
I'll show you two of them.


This first one is cased from my Stampin Up sister and fellow Julies' Jems team member, Julie Wade.
You will have seen that she does a weekly colour combo challenge for us every week -
Wades Weekly Warm Up or WWWU as we call it.
This week she had challenged us to use the Convention goodies that we received in November
(these were basically gold items) along with black.
She shared the card that I have cased (with her permission of course) 
above, with a slight alteration to the flower centres



And here is another one where I have swapped the colours around somewhat
i.e. black for white and white for black.
Don't know which one I like the best.
I have left them without a sentiment, and will just add one as and when I send the card.
I Used Basic Black, Whisper White and Brushed Gold card stock.
Versamark and Gold Embossing Powder for heat embossing the flowers
which were stamped with Flower Shop stamp set and cut with Pansy Punch
and Petite Petals with matching punch. 
 The Lattice Bigz die was used with the Brushed gold card.
The flower centres were punched with the Itty Bitty Circle punch and a 1/4" circle punch
in Brushed Gold card and shaped.

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful as usual Kate. Love the flowers and clean look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very striking cards, love that lattice background! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fabulous love the colour combo and elements you've used xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So elegant, love gold and black together!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards look lovely with you. The colour combination is very clasic and striking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are simply beautiful Kate.
    if I have to chose I had taken the second one.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an elegant creation Kate. Love the colours you have used and the fabulous flower detail.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kate, Wow this is beautiful, love the flowers. Fabulous design and love the colour scheme.

    Hugs Erin x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I love the colours you've used. Great cards x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous cards Kate love them as standbys my favourite is the second one it just has an edge over the first. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both beautifully designed. Love the colours, Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love both of these,, would be very hard pressed to choose between them.. I think that die will have to be bought. k x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely intricately beautiful are your card designs, Kate! this also reminds me...not to miss this chance to share as well this website which I personally find very handy and full of interesting greetings options for remembering my friends and loved ones on important occasions. Do check this out: www.SayItWithGodsWord.com Cheers & God bless us all!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.