Monday 21 April 2014

My Friend

Can you believe that it is WWWU#14 ?  How time flies!
Julie challenged us to use our Convention Goodies (which were all Gold!) with Black this week.
Here's what I came up with.


Black square base card, My Friend stamp set, inked with Versamark and
heat embossed with Gold Embossing powder.
Watercolour Wonder Designer Washi Tape down the left hand side.
I originally used the gold striped washi tape, but it didn't show up very well on the black,
so I put a strip of plain gold washi on top of it.
A strip of Gold Sequin Trim down either side of the washi tape
and three "Beautiful Wings" butterflies die cut out of Gold foil sheet,
the only embellishment it needed.

17 comments:

  1. WOW this is stunning Kate, I hope you have had a lovely Easter!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, Kate, so elegant hun, I just love Black and Gold, now I am singing the song, yikees, hugs hun and hope you have had a fabulous Easter weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful as always. Love the butterflies! Thanks for all your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Kate, great colour combination x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Kate!!! Black and gold is always a winner but love the sentiment and butterflies!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is gorgeous and elegant Kate.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, love the black and the gold Hugs Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Gold & Black together & I think your card is just gorgeous Kate!
    Hgs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful Kate, and very elegant.
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning Kate. Very opulent.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Kate, I am still thinking about mine!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kate, Wow such a beautiful card, love the design and beautiful colours.

    Hugs Erin x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Kate, the gold and black with the row of sequins is wonderful.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like this Kate, really different and i love the black and gold xx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.