Friday 4 March 2016

Rose Wonder

Today I have had a play with the Rose Wonder stamp set and matching Rose Garden Thinlits dies.
Now anyone who knows me, also knows that despite my favourite colour being pink,
 I have a tendency to make lots of blue cards. 
 I recall seeing a play many years ago (I think it was The Glass Menagerie) 
where a young girl suffered from pleurosis, and a boy nicknames  her "blue roses".
I think that with that at the back of mind, it prompted me to make this card!


The colour combo here is Night of Navy, Sahara Sand, White and Silver.
The background was stamped randomly with the rose stamp in Sahara Sand.
The rose itself was stamped in Night of navy, onto Watercolour paper, 
then coloured in with an Aqua Painter and the Night of Navy ink.
I then cut this out but not the leaves.
The rose die was cut out of Brushed Silver card and I removed the leaves from this,
Then stuck it on top of the coloured rose.
The leaves were cut out using the leaf die, and I cut these down to make smaller and larger ones.
The greeting is from Wetlands (you may have noticed that I use the sentiments from this set a lot!)
The only embellishments are two Basic Rhinestones.

I wondered what it would look like if 'winked' it with Stella, so here it is 
- don't know whether it shows up on here, but looks pretty good in real life.


Enjoy!



13 comments:

  1. Hi Kate, this is gorgeous, I love the rose.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card Kate. Love the colour x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate this is a stunning card I love the stamp and die set it is so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very beautiful, so elegant looking x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Kate. Wonderful soft colour and tone!
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful card Kate. The combination of the stamp and die are gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty Kate. The colours are are just beautiful. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning, Kate! I was already planning to use this set for a card today, so I might have to CASE this one. I love it!
    hugs,
    Em xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colour you've used Kate. Must admit I don't use pink so much now that I think about it. Beautiful card. Shabneez xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow a stunning card Kate, love those rose and the beautiful colours.

    Hugs Erin xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I love that rose! The colour is perfect! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.