Monday 21 March 2016

Thinking of you Ashley

 I made a card to send my good friend and ex work colleague Ashley.  She's the one I go walking with each month.  I received an email from her on Friday saying that she had had to have one of her horses put to sleep, and she was obviously extremely upset.  I had been walking with her the day before when she said that she had had the vet out to John-Jo, but that he seemed considerably better on Thursday, so I was quite upset to hear that she had had to make the decision to put him out of his pain on Friday.
Anyway, here is the card that I made to let her know that I was thinking of her.


I have used the Sunburst thinlits die with a sheet from the Love Blossoms DSP stack.
I layered this onto Blushing Bride card stock on a white base card.
The sentiment is from hopeful thoughts.

Here's a photo of Lexie on John-Jo taken a couple of years ago - happy days!



9 comments:

  1. Hi Kate this is a gorgeous card. I am sorry to hear about your friend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card, and sure to show her that she is in your thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Kate. So sorry for your friend's loss.
    Hugs,
    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sad news for your friend, but a beautiful card Kate!
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. He was a gorgeous beast, how sad for your friend!
    I'm sure your card will brighten her day if even just a little bit! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a shame when a beautiful animal like this has to be pts.......I'm sure your friend will really appreciate your thoughts and lovely card x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful horse- and a wonderful card too. Such a lovely thought to make your friend a beautiful card. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.