Thursday 3 September 2009

Another wet one!!

Well....today was supposed to be a friendly game of golf at Bawtry, but following discussions with the Golf Club and their Vice Captain, we decided that the weather was not condusive for good golf and have postponed it to another future date (to be decided).
Have made several phone calls to all our Sandhill ladies to advise them that the golf is off. After talking to Ev, she called in and had a quick coffee and a natter with me, after dropping off some handmade cards for the Crafts table for our Coffee Morning event in October.
I am taking the opportunity of a free day to update my blog, finish the ironing - (the ironing basket never seems to actually empty!)and do some of my card orders that I will have to complete before I go on Holiday a week on Saturday.
I got an email from a colleague the other day, asking me "How do you knowyou are on holiday - what makes it any different to the rest of the time??" The facetious beggar!! I am going away from home Pete - that's what makes it different!! I am going to Murcia (Spain) golfing - just for a change - maybe we'll get some decent weather. Here's hoping.
Anyhow what have I done with the rest of the week?? It all seems a blur, but I will try to remember.
Sunday was a lazy day,minimum housework, maximum crafting, usual Sunday dinner cooked - which I might add was absolutely fanbloomintastic - brisket, mash, cabbage, carrots and yorkshire pudding. Could barely move after stuffing my face with that little lot - and I made my own yorkshires (Sorry Aunt Bessie!!)
Was too stuffed to even eat a bit more of my delicious home baked bilberry pie - Mary very kindly picked the bilberries for me, cos I couldn't go bilberry picking with her (probably cos I was golfing!) Thanks Mary - if theres any left you can have a piece!!
Monday was bank holiday, and Barry and I went up to the Golf Club - for a change!- Barry played with the Monday Club fellas and I played with the Monday Club Ladies.
Played quite well and enjoyed the game. Went home and had Sunday Dinner leftovers for tea, but had bilberry pie and custard for afters (didn't eat too much dinner so that I had room for a pudding. Spent a little time in the craft room, then watched TV for a real change!! Then bed.
Tuesday- the day that I had been waiting for! Stampin Up let their demonstrators have a sneak peek at the new Catalogue that is coming out on the 1st of October and a list of soon to be retired stamp sets - which I duly viewed and then sent links to the Customer page of the web site to my crafty friends.
Watch this space for details of my workshop/Open day at the end of September.
Spent quite a bit of time on the website looking at various items and then got ready for Tuesday evening Golf - it was a Rabbnits competition that we ladies were invited to join in on. Half an hour before I was due to set off, the heavens opened, torrential rain, thunder and lightning the lot! Decided not to go (I am a fair weather golfer you know). Anyhow at 4:30 the sun came out, the clouds departed and it looked really nice, so I rushed and got ready and went down to the Club to play.
Several ladies played, some better than others, we did get wet a few times, but plodded on regardless. Jean C won - congratulations! Colette won a tin of Roses chocolates in the raffle, so we made her open them and pass them round -yum yum!
Wednesday was shopping day. (Usually Wednesday is the day when Chris (sis-in-law) and I get together for a little crafting). Went to Barnsley, cos I haven't been for a while. Went on the market and got a fabulous bargain in ribbon. Went in Marks & Spencers and bought two pairs of trousers for golf and a pair of footgloves shoes in the sale - bargains again! Then did the rounds of Poundland and the 99p shop.
Came home and my Starter kit had arrived from Stampin Up, so I quickly unpacked it before I cooked tea for Barry n me. Had a quick look at the goodies - its quite exciting - can'y wait to have a play with it all! Then had to get ready for my Wednesday Class. Maggie (sis) rang me to ask for a special wedding card that she needs for Thursday evening so I started that. Used a Clip Crop Crafts "Vintage Milly" download and made this card



I am really pleased with it.
That brings me bang up to date with today.
I have just taken another phone call from Germany, from Chris at "Stampin' Up", to check that I have received my order. I am well impressed with the back up that I am getting from them. Keeping fingers crossed that all goes well. We'll see.
Well I am going to make some lunch and do a teeny weeny bit of ironing, then have another look at the Stampin Up goodies.
Bye for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.