Sunday 21 August 2016

Thoughtful Branches

I am planning a half day workshop using the Thoughtful Branches bundle.
I'm not sure how long some of the cards will take to do, but I do want to make as many cards as possible in the time allowed. So far I have made 3 designs which we did at monthly training and three more cards inspired by Julie and others, plus a carrier bag to take all the projects, the stamp set and dies home in.
This card was inspired by one of Julie's Congrats cards, 
I have altered it slightly and made it into a Happy Anniversary card.
Here's my version.


A colour combo of Silver, Smoky Slate and White.
The tree and branches are die cut in Smoky Slate,
the first leaf canopy is die cut in Silver foiled card.
The top layer is die cut in Whisper white, stamped with Versamark,
then heat embossed with Silver embossing powder.
A simple bow is fastened round the tree trunk with Silver Cording Trim (retired)
The greeting is matted onto Silver foiled card.

Here's Julie's version


Her card was to congratulate Sam on achieving Silver status.
Julie has used 1/8" Silver ribbon on her card.

10 comments:

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.