Saturday 15 August 2009

Oh what a beautiful morning!

Morning all - what a gorgeous morning, I have had my breakfast and am sat in the lounge with windows open enjoying the breeze - makes you glad to be alive. Needless to say Barry is still asleep!
I had a busy day yesterday catching up on the housework, washing, ironing and sorting out the conservatory, in readiness for Dabble Day (Sunday). Had to make sure that most things are sorted as today Barry and me are playing golf at 1:20. (Ger is not playing today as he and Maggie are off to Ibiza today with Emma & Tony).
This evening we are off to Sue & Tom's for a birthday barbecue.
Doesn't leave much free time for checking that everythings ready for tomorrow.
Anyway, before I tackled the mountain of housework yesterday, I cooked bacon butties for Paul, Cheryl and me, then we went down to the Heritage Centre. I took Barry's old and tired Masonic chair in for a quote for repairing and restoring. They will ring us next week and let us know the damage.
Went into the sweetie shop there and bought my favourites - cherry lips and floral gums - heaven. I don't ask for much do I- just a few sweets and I am happy!!
Anyway, after waving bye to Cheryla nd Paul the battle on the grime began.
Before I knew it, it was five o'clock. Barry went to the chippy and we had fish and chips for tea, Then I took brother Stevie off to the supermarket for his weekly shop. He bought me a lovely planter for my doorstep. Thanks Stevie.
Back home, packed the shopping and then commenced the dreaded ironing. Barry let me watch a weeks worth of Coronation Street that had been recorded (and I have to confess that I hadn't had time to watch!)-made the task almost bearable! Back ached something wicked after that though. Changed the bedding (more washing and ironing there) and then collapsed into bed. Luxury!!

This is the Hand Stamped by Lacey Blog Candy that you may wish to have a go at winning - follow the link
here
It looks well worth winning - I am having a go at it! I am also going to have a go at Bev's blog candy and possibly Simon Says Stamp Saturday Surprise blog candy. I could quite easily become a professional blog candy competition enterer!
Right time for a cuppa i believe - see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.