Saturday 25 August 2018

With Sympathy - and a sneak peek

When I went to the Hairdressers yesterday, Katy (the hairdresser) was really distressed.,
and told me that her Grandfather had died in the early hours of the morning.
She insisted on staying at work and doing her morning appointments, but was going home later.
When I got home I made this card for her, and Barry hand delivered this card too!


I used two of the new colours cardstock, Balmy Blue and Blueberry Bushel.
I embossed the Balmy Blue card with the "Tufted" Dynamic
 Textured Impression Embossing Folder and matted this onto 
 a piece of Blueberry Bushel . 
I cut the centre plate with the a Stitched Labels Framelit die,
 punched the white card for the centre panel, stamped the sentiment and flowers.
I added the die cut filigree corners from the Detailed Deer Thinlits dies -
arent these beautiful - you will be able to buy this set of dies
when the Aurumn/Winter Catalogue launches on the 5th September.

I think I will use this design again , but for a happier event,
naybe a birthday or anniversary.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Kate this is a stunning Sympathy card they are never easy to make. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful frame to the sentiment, these are never easy cards to make.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card and beautiful thoughtful gesture Kate!
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a sweetheart! And that card is perfect. If you are ever looking for a challenge to enter your work in I hope you check out Crafter's Castle monthly challenge :) Hugs...Janie crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i always find sympathy cards so hard. yours is lovely for such an occasion

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simly ekegant card tgat says what it needs to.
    GG

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.