Sunday 6 October 2013

Ann's Birthday

Friday was my downline Demo Ann's birthday and I just had to make this card for her.
It was cased from one that my good friend Lyn had made at class on Thursday evening.

Front view

side view
I used Very Vanilla card stock and die cut the flower layers using the Floral Framelits dies.
I then edged all the petals using a dauber and Blushing Bride ink.
Stamped the sentiment from Simply Sketched (Hostess) stamp set - it's so useful!!
and using Versamark and gold embossing powder, heat embossed this.
I punched this with the Large Oval Punch, then, with a Scalloped Oval punch, and using Gold card stock, I cut the scalloped oval and glued these together,  This formed the "brake" for the easel card top.
One simple adornment for the card was a single flower from the Vanilla 5/8" flower trim,
which again I edged using a dauber and Blushing Bride ink.
Hope that you enjoyed the rest of your day Ann!


15 comments:

  1. Kate...fellow crafter fellow Barnsley-ite!! Absolutely stuuning card ...really fabulous ...very talented lady you are indeed I really love this card.
    Love from a new follower
    Debby x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card such a beautiful design xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutley Stunning Kate.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is simply beautiful Kate.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and delicate, love the use of the layers and shape
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Kate, what an incredibly beautiful card! I LOVE it :) Many hugs to you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Kate, the shape is gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. so gorgeous, I love how you inked on the edges. Lovely work. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous make Kate its lovely

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simple yet gorgeous. I love the hint of colour around each layer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just loved my card - it looks amazing - thank you Kate love Ann x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just loved my card - thank you Kate love Ann x x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.