Wednesday 23 October 2013

Warmth and Wonder

Today (being Wednesday), is the day that Chris (sis-in-law) and I spend together.
One week I go to Chris's and the following week she comes to me.
We usually get lots of projects done on a Wednesday and Chris is a 
really good influence on me as she is a"fast" crafter.
She usually helps me to finish my projects and often cuts out or stamps the odd image for me.
Today has been no exception!
I asked if she would bring along a hostess stamp set that I didn't own,
and "share" some cards that she had made for a card class.
Here is a card that she has designed and made for me (as I was way behind - as usual!)
I just chose the colourway and she did the rest.


The colour combo is Island Indigo, Pool Party, Smokey Slate and White.
The stamp set is Warmth and Wonder (Hostess set from Autumn/Winter Catalogue)
The embossing folder is Petals-a-Plenty, which I think is not unlike a poinsettia in shape.
The paper is the Winter Frost Speciality DSP stack (which is excellent value)
Don't know whether you can see this or not but the flower and snowflake centre
have been highlighted with Dazzling Details Silver Sparkle.
Thanks Chris - my ladies will love making this!!
And thanks for all your help today.

17 comments:

  1. this is simply beautiful Kate.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, has made a fabulous job of this card, Kate, but I do love the colours, too, so well done the both of you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty little card, Kate....you're so very lucky to have your sis-in-law close enough to craft with......I don't even have a friend close enough to share my crafty days with ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Kate, love the papers and the embossed background.

    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic design Kate, love the embossing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, great embossing and fab stamps! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, and nice choice of colours and embossing design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, fab embossing and design x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kate, what lovely things you do. Thanks for visiting my blog. I so appreciate that. Following you now. Hope you'll come by and follow on mine too. New posting on Ukrainian art now.
    Blessings,
    Coleen
    an American in Ukraine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card Kate, great embossed card and background paper
    Hugs
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, love that embossing and that printed paper. Gorgeous! Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, gorgeous patterns, colours and textures! Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Layout and colours beautiful. thank you for sharing with CBN.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Christmas card Kate...I absolutely love the colours
    Hugz, Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Christmas card, love combination of colours.

    Sylv xx
    Crafty Bloggers Network DT

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.