Wednesday 16 October 2013

Happy Birthday David

Today is our brother in law - David's birthday (Chris's hubby)
Here's the card that I made for him using one of the NEW Thinlits Card Dies.
(I used the circle one here, but if you call back tomorrow,
you can see another card made using the Label one )
I was able to try this one out because I am a Stampin Up Demonstrator, you will be able to buy them from the 22nd October - it's only next week, so it's not too long to wait!!

Card closed

Card open
General view

The flip card base was die cut using the Thinlets card die.
The colour combo was simply Pacific Point and White - with a smidge of Silver Glimmer paper.
I computer generated David's name and the cut out the banner shape around it 
using one of the Thinlets dies that accompanies the Card Dies.
The Scallop Circle was also die cut with another one, as was the "hi",
there are quite a few to choose from!
The stampsets used were Simply Stars and the sentiment was from Simply Sketched.
The stamped stars were fussy cut, but the little star was from the Merry Minis Punch set.
I can see me using these Card dies quite a lot in future!!

14 comments:

  1. Fabulous card design and detail Kate. Love the colours.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Kate, great colours and I am sure David loved it.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so clever, I love the shape, I bet David likes it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card Kate, looks like that die will be a hit, lucky you getting to try them out xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card Kate....and I'm pretty sure David will love it too.
    Hugz, Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Kate, love the shape of this card, and cool colours for your BIL xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's a beautiful birthday card Kate and a great shape.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card kate love you new die xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautifully fresh looking card Kate, love the little banner with David's name on x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another fantastic swing card. Gorgeous blue you have used. Really love the different elements to this wonderful card.

    <3 & hugs
    Lisa xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the card Kate. Nice layout. I love the stars.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.