Wednesday 27 August 2014

Celebrating 5 years of Stampin' Up!

5 years ago I decided to become a Stampin Up Demonstrator.
I had never heard of Stampin Up, until Chris and I were crafting one day and we were
CASEing a card that called for a pricking template that was made by Stampin' Up!.
I sourced the internet to find one - and stumbled across Julie Kettlewell's blog.
That incident has changed my life considerably!
Not content with just buying the template, I decided to join Stampin' Up! 
with Julie as my upline - whom I affectionately call mummy, (though
truth be told I am old enough to be her mummy!)
I have travelled the Stampin Up journey, guided and encouraged by Julie, 
who has supported me every step of the way. 
 Were it not for her having a little chat with me at Convention in Germany,
 I would not have made the effort to achieve my Silver 2 status, which I enjoy today.
I love being a SU Demo and my extended SU family of fellow Julies' Jems,
we have great times together.
I was reminded of just how far and how long I have been on this journey with SU
when I received this card in the post this morning.


It's from Mummy Julie.
Thank you so much Julie for the sheer pleasure of knowing you and Stampin Up for the last 5 years.
Thanks for all your help and encouragement, which without your support,
 I would never be where I am now - a Silver 2 Demonstrator.
I owe you so much.
Lots of love
Kate
xxxx

P.S. So as you said in the card Julie - here's to the next 5 years!

17 comments:

  1. Awww Kate, this just made me cry! Thank YOU for your inspiration! Much love, Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card love the wording and the ribbon really sets it all off xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. its a beautiful card Kate, love how you have used your name on it.
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 5th SU anniversary Kate... It is a pleasure to know you , to craft with you and to laugh with you!!! And to be sisters of course...! As you say...here's to the next 5 years..... Keep enjoying your journey ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Kate and such a beautiful card.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! Congratulations, what a lovely card too, how lovely to be part of a fab crafty family xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card Kate and a wonderful surprise for you. Well done on your first 5 years x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Kate, certainly worth celebrating, and a wonderful card that you have been sent, I am sure you will treasure it..hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many congrats Kate and fabulous card too hun hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a lovely card Kate....Happy 5th Anniversary it sounds like you have made some lovely friends through SU. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Kate! I'm only just starting out on my SU journey, only been a demo for a few weeks, so a real newbie lol.

    Hugs,
    Em x
    Creative Em

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on 5 years, sweet Kate :) You certainly have a gift for creating amazing and beautiful cards! Love to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kate, what a wonderful time you have had and congratulations on 5yrs with Stampin' up. Here's to the next 5 yrs.
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! What an achievement and you have gone so far in SU. Congratulations love Ann x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderfull story - sounds like quite a journey and what a beautiful card you received :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations , Well done . Beautiful card i love it .

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.