Wednesday 13 August 2014

Festival of trees

On a happier subject today - Christmas!!
Yes I am determined to get plenty of cards done well in advance of the 1st December this year.
Today was my day to go to Chris's (sis-in-law) and craft and we were joined 
by Chris's friend and Stampin Up down-line - Anita.
We had a lovely day together crafting, and we went out for lunch to celebrate Anita's birthday.
We each designed a Christmas card using Festival of Trees stamp set.
Here is mine


Sorry for the poor quality of the photo, but it has been taken tonight in artificial light
I'll take another one tomorrow daytime!
The Colour combo is quite contemporary - Black, White and Cherry Cobbler.
The star was punched in Red Glimmer Paper using one of the Itty Bitty Accents punches.
I have highlighted the centres of the flowers with Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details -
not sure whether or not this shows up.
I am really pleased with this one.
I will post Chris's and Anita's cards later this week!!
Watch this space.
xx

18 comments:

  1. This is a fab card, I hate to tell you, but I'm finished my Christmas cards... YEY!!! No stress for me this year lol, Px

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this elegant card Kate xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really simple hun and so effective really lovely hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card today. Wonderful that you are getting your Christmas cards done this way. I must say I just don't have that holiday spirit. I usually get about a handful done each year. Then I end up donating them to the church bazaar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Christmas card, love the simplicity of the stamped image and the colours are great.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very elegant Christmas card Kate. The tree stamp is lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful and it sounds like you had a lovely day too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely image, design and detail Kate.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, fabulous stamps xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card Kate, very elegant in its simplicity.
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hiya Kate,this is a lovely card, i really like that Christmas tree and the star looks great xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous, love the colors you've used

    Hugs,
    Em x
    Creative Em

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card Kate! I've had a look at your other posts too! Gorgeous as always!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kate, a gorgeous card, love the tree. so beautiful.

    Hugs Erin x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kate my friend, this is stunning card, so elegant, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love really like this card. Ann x x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.