Thursday 13 September 2012

A special birthday card


Sue - one of my Thursday crafting ladies, wants to make a card for a special friend tonight,
 so I thought that they could make this one - I think that this is suitable.
The colour combo is Basic Grey, Regal Rose and Silver.
The RR card stock is cut using the Top Note Die, then stamped in Versamark with the flourish
 from Everything Eleanor, then heat embossed with Silver EP.
The flower is die cut using the Fun Flowers die  with two flowers in RR and two in BG. 
 These are spritzed with water, crumpled,
then fastened together with a Vintage Brad, then left to dry before attaching to the card.
The Lacy Ribbon border is punched with RR card stock,
Siver 1" circles are punched and fixed to the back of the lacy border with Silver Brads.
The happy birthday (which has been stamped in Versamark using the sentiment
 from Party this Way is heat embossed with melon Mambo EP on BG card. 
 This is then punched out using the Word Window punch
and glued on top of a punched Silver Scallop Oval.
Phew!!!
Hope she likes it!

I would like to enter this in
The Cupboard Trilogy Challenge #3 Tic Tac Toe
(Bright Colours, Flowers and Ribbon)
http://thecupboardtrilogychallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/challenge-3-tic-tac-toe.html


18 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Kate...lovely details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card, an interesting colour combination, the flower is lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card, gorgeous colours and I LOVE that flower

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely card Kate, so much detail, love the stitched edges and that flower is just gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you have made this, I never liked grey,(school uniform), but the pink and grey go well together.
    Thanks for joining the challenge over at The Cupboard Trilogy Blog.
    Good Luck

    Mags DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, love this colour combo , thanks for sharing with the cupboard trilogy and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kate I'm so glad you joined at the cupboard trilogy this time - if you hadn't I would never have found your blog! I dont know if you remember me I used to work at the pension centre with you (I was cara Lumley back then!)
    Any way fabulous card and now you have a new follower and hopefully I have a somewhere to purchase SU products from???
    Hugs xx Cara xx DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card love the colours. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely card loving the bold colours :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful love the flower and the colours are great together

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh Kate Love this card, the colours are brilliant and i love the design and lay out, You are amazing xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really pretty, I absolutely love the pink and grey colour scheme and the shape and embossing are so lovely
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pink and grey, lovely card.

    Thanks for joining in with the challenge over at The Cupboard Trilogy Blog

    Jak (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very nice card I love the colour combination. Thanks for joining the challenge on TCT
    Joan DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck with the challenge, am liking that flower a lot :)

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.