Sunday 23 September 2012

Kraft Christmas bag


My friend Lyn gave me some of these Kraft Paper gift bags a few weeks ago
 and I have been saving them awaiting inspiration.
When the new 1.1/4" scallop circle and the Merry Minis Punches arrived with the 
Seasonal Autumn/Winter catalogue, the opportunity arrived to have a play!
I used scraps of retired Christmas paper and using a colour combo of
Early Espresso, Old Olive, Very Vanilla and Cherry Cobbler, I punched out 
scallop circles and 3/4" circles, then assembled them in a Christmas tree shape.
I punched out some of the Merry Minis in Champagne Glimmer paper to add a bit
of Christmas sparkle to the tree. I then added a tree trunk by embossing
Early Espresso Core-dination card in the Woodgrain Textured Impressions embossing folder.
Thanks Lyn!

I would like to enter this in
Pixies Crafty Workshop Challenge 39
Pixies Snippet Challenge
http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/pixies-crafty-workshop-challenge-39.html

24 comments:

  1. I love this Kate, so simple but classy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the bags kate I have loads more small ones xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Kate, so nice and colourful!

    sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is stunning especially against a backdrop of the kraft brown paper.

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous tree and a great way to dress up your Christmas gift giving! xxz

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea Kate very pretty card - I love stamping up - am now following you x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, I think I might have to copy this for my bags Lyn gave me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun and festive idea! Love it!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kate, this is fabulous and a great way to use up little snippets too. Love the final result and I bet it was fun to make too.

    Lovely to see you playing in the Snippets Playground for the first time, watch out for the duckpond :)

    I altered your link as it went to the super Twinchies make you did - no worries though, it's easy for me to go into Mr Linky and do a change.

    Hope you come back and play again soon, watch out for the roll call on Sunday!

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fab idea to make a tree from the circles. Simple but oh so classy. Wlcome to the playground. Doughnuts are up for grabs over by the swings. Hugs mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful design, and such a lovely way of presenting a present. Enjoy the playground. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant - I like all those circles and the vibrant colours on your bag. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kate . . . ooh a new playmate . . . come and have a whirl on the roundabout with me.

    Love your bad idea here. Great use of your snippets.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea Kate! Love the colors and design. Welcome to the playground.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found you through the playground....welcome and I hope you havve as much fun playing as I do. Your bag is wonderful. I'm always looking for ways to decorate bags and you have done a wonderful job. I'm headed back to the playgound to see what everyone created. Again, WELCOME! See you soon.

      Delete
  15. Hi and happy to see you in the playground. Love what you did with the Merry Mini's punch, to decorate this lovely bag. What a marvelous idea & great use of tiny snippets. Hope to see you again soon. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.